The upstairs has been coming along nicely and french doors and side panels have gone in. I went with aluminium instead of PVC, the aluminium frame was slimmer and the hingers are smaller rather than the big bulky ones I saw on PVC ones. It's a lot nicer on the eyes and I am pleased with the result
There has been a change of plan- the walk in wardrobe is now just a small storage space accessible from the bathroom. Unfortunately we just didn't have enough roof height to use it comfortably.
The good news is the bedroom and and the bathroom are of a very good size. The below image shows you the bathroom on the left , the door to the bathroom would be direct in front so would be a L shape.
We have started the downstairs extension. The foundations are being dug. We are using pad foundations along the rear and side.
Being in London there ground has a lot of clay and we're having to down 1.9 meters. The photo above is only 1 meter down so there's a fair bit to go.
I have decided to go with private building control for the downstairs and am using the the council for the upstairs. The reason being is purely to save time. I want to move in by the end of July, planning permission was granted on the 4th of May and I wanted to get started almost straight away. If I had gone with the council I would have had to wait potentially 6-8 weeks for them to approve the building control drawings where as Private building control was a lot quicker.
Finally the downstairs walls have been removed. The walls that previously divided the bathroom and kitchen from the lounge have all been removed as well as the airing cupboard and dividing wall for the small porch. The new space created will be the half of the lounge (minus the toilet in the pic)
The sliding door , door on the right and wall are still yet to be removed as it will be all open plan.